13 Jan 2021
Expired2021 Volunteer Management Certificate
- 2021 Volunteer Management Certificate
April 28, 2021 - April 30, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Volunteer Management Certificate
United Way of Smith County Building
Join us for our 2nd annual Volunteer Management Certificate! During this program, you will receive 3 days of intensive instruction on the essential elements of an effective volunteer program. Whether building the foundation of a new volunteer program or enhancing your current work with volunteers, this course contains the essential tools to face the challenges of volunteer management. In these content-rich and fast-paced sessions, participants build volunteer management skills for immediate and maximum impact. Learn how to write effective job descriptions, communication strategies, best practices, and more!
Course objectives include:
1) Learn volunteer recruitment, recognition, and retention strategies.
2) Understand how to acknowledge, celebrate and sustain volunteer involvement
3) Create customized tools to benefit your organization’s needs
4) Develop a strategy for continuous program improvement
5) Understand the principles of volunteer screening, placement, training, and supervision
6) Determine how to develop strong staff and volunteer partnerships
7) Ensure that your risk management plan is aligned with best practices
The Volunteer Management Certificate is designed for:
- For those wanting to formalize their knowledge in volunteer management OR individuals new to the field
- Nonprofits wanting to expand their current volunteer program or for organizations starting a new one
- Executive Directors, Volunteer Managers, Volunteer Directors, Volunteer Coordinators, or any staff that works with volunteers
Hosted by the East Texas Center for Nonprofits & presented by Mary Beth Harrington, for over 25 years Mary Beth has been one of the Texas nonprofit sectors’ most passionate supporters. Her career path is unique, as she has not focused on one particular sector. Rather, she has worked with all nonprofits from Aids to Zoos and everything in between; usually providing training most notably as Director of Curriculum & Development at the San Antonio Area Foundation, Director of Agency Relations at the Volunteer Center of North Texas, and as Director of Community Outreach at the Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations (TANO). What people have to say about Mary Beth: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-folks-say-my-sessions-mary-beth-harrington-cva/
Email email@example.com or call (903) 581-6376 x110.
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.