- Basic Bookkeeping
January 19, 2021 - January 26, 2021
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
During this course, participants with little or no bookkeeping or accounting experience will get the needed foundation to develop basic accounting skills, as well as get an introduction to the uses of computerized accounting. After completion of this course, participants will know:
- How to differentiate between Finance & Accounting
- Grasp accounting fundamentals such as Debits, Credits, and Double-Entry Bookkeeping
- Analyze basic financial documents such as Income Statements & Balance Sheets
- Use financial tools to manage performance more effectively
Participants will receive 0.9 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) from TJC upon completing this course. The class sessions will be:
- Tuesday, Jan. 19th (5pm- 8pm)
- Thursday, Jan. 21st (5pm- 8pm)
- Tuesday, Jan. 26th (5pm-8pm)
REQUIRED TEXTBOOK: Accounting Basics: An Introduction for Non-Accounting Majors
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: Please bring a LAPTOP with EXCEL. If you would like to attend the class and do not have access to a laptop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before registering. Participants will use Excel on their computer to work through student files during class.
LOCATION: Sessions will be held at the United Way of Smith County building (formerly known as the historic Woman’s Building) located at 911 S. Broadway Tyler, TX 75701. Snacks will be provided. For questions please contact: email@example.com.