Get a GRIP- INTRO to Grants (2-hour Workshop)- Aug. 20th
- August 20, 2020
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Types of Grants – definitions, ways to use them
- Basic Components of Grants – glossary, example, and discussion
- Agency Readiness
- Intro into Grant Research
This Grant Seminar will be hosted by East Texas Center for Nonprofits and presented by Pam Anderson, Nonprofit Mentor, Compacity
Pam has over 25 years of experience in the nonprofit arena, working through the ranks from program staff to executive administration, and has seen the struggles of nonprofits to obtain grant funds on local, state and federal levels. Drawing on that experience, Pam presents grant fundamentals and guides through the process from readiness and research to writing and tracking grants. She owns a nonprofit consulting firm, Compacity, and loves volunteering in her church and community. Pam is married to the love of her life for 33 years and has three wonderful children.
GRANT RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY
Registration for this workshop also includes an optional (FREE) Foundation Center Online Orientation for 1-hour afterward, and will be presented by ETCN. This orientation will teach you how to use the Foundation Center Online Database for your own grant research. The Foundation Center Online simplifies and speeds up the grant research process with:
- A thorough database, comprising more than 140,000 grantmakers, that is updated weekly so you can count on the accuracy of results
- Multiple filters and an assessment tool to help you quickly identify your best potential funding sources
*Please bring a laptop if you have one.
You must register separately for this orientation at: https://uwsmithcounty.org/events/foundation-directory-online-database-orientation-research-aug-20th/